Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mirror Me Beautiful

I have been searching for a mirrored nightstand for quite a while now.  They are hard to come by at a decent price.  Online I have not been able to find a nice enough one for under $400.  Target does have small ones that are cute, but not exactly what I was looking for.  I finally hit gold last week, just stopping by Tuesday Morning.  A single mirrored nightstand caught my eye and I couldn't stop thinking about it.  So I went back and purchased this beautiful piece and can now call it mine!

Emily Hewett's blog, A Well Dressed Home, shows other great finds at Tuesday Morning and she even has pictures of two lamps that I saw when I was there, that I will probably have to purchase in the future.  The mirrored nightstand that she found is not the one that I bought, but I would like to have two, since I guess my fiancée needs one as well ;).  I am not a matchy matchy person, so I am excited to find another one that is unique and that will add character to our bedroom.  

Below I have found BEAUTIFUL bedrooms that have mirrored nightstands.  Look at these spaces and tell me you wouldn't want to wake up here, I'll tell you you're lying!   Enjoy!








I really want this one above!  The lines are so feminine and beautiful.






What I absolutely love about mirrored furniture is the fact that it takes on its own character in each space reflecting the color and image of its surroundings.  There are so many different shapes and sizes, ones that have wood or metal framing, drawers or shelves, and can be nightstands, coffee tables, sideboards, servers, and even beds!  

When does it become too much?  Just keep it simple.  A standard 2-3 mirrored pieces in your space provide the chicness and luxe that make you feel like you're in a beautiful space that makes you feel important and makes it hard for you to leave that bed every morning.  

Sleep Happy Design Lovers :)

4 comments:

  1. You should see my headboard, I think you would really like it. It looks alot like some of the ones in your phtotos. My grandpa and I made it. It is sort of reminiscent of the shape of the taj mahal's dome. I drew the shape out on posters and he cut the plywood and we put batting on it and covered it in a goldish fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like headboard #6 and #12. they make a statement but not too over the top. I would love to Have either one in my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww the "sleep happy" comment just struck my heart (in a really good way). Thank you so much for commenting on my blog, LOVE yours, so happy to have found it =D Gorgeous bedrooms, mirrored furniture totally ups the glam factor, doesn't it?!

    xo Linda

    ReplyDelete